Sunday, May 27, 2007

More from Oregon

Today is our day off... Hooray for Sundays. I feel so exhausted after working 6 straight days at least 8 hrs a day sometimes 11. Things are going well. I am not making any records at sales, but enough to get by. I have a picture for you all, but of course, it is old.

That is Mike Ulrich. We had fun during our classes. He and Kaden helped me get through classes.

Okay, so let me tell you about a typical day for me, selling Living Scriptures. We usually start at 10 AM. and go until 9 at night. I map out names that I have received from previous customers and new customers (not from a ward list). Then it is out to knock doors. I give Demo's and hopefully sell. I try and get at least one customer per day. It is fairly easy at times because the product sells itself. There is so much garbage on t.v. these days and this helps to improve the media influence in the home. anywho. Somedays I talk to nobody and other days I talk to a lot.

The first week was physicaly and emotionally exhausting. It is literally the only job that has made me cry (besides hitting my finger with a hammer or something). I am glad that Kelli is here with me because we are getting through it with each other. It has been good for us to come here because we are getting closer.

I do miss Utah and we will be back soon. My new job starts August 16 and I have to be there for training. Kelli is counting down the days already. We miss you all and love to read your blogs. Please call us, we always enjoy an encouraging word.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Its nice to hear what you are up to. We miss you guys too, but we know that it is a short time. I think moving away from home (and Utah), even for a short time, is a great eye-opening experience. I wouldn't trade my out of state living for anything, even though I missed out on a lot of family activities. It makes one appreciate living in Utah all the more, as well as getting close to your spouse, since you don't really have anyone else to lean on.

I hope things start getting easier as far as the selling goes. My hat goes off to you...I don't think I could do it.

Keep up the blogging. We love to hear from you.

Emily

Liz said...

Best wishes!! I know times are tough, but keep up the good work, Glad its going well for you. I know that knocking on doors is not the easiest. We love and miss you too, Cannot wait til you are home:)

Devin and Andrea Hatch said...

Wow...sounds like quite the experience you're having. I'm like the rest of the bunch; I could probably never do that. I'm definitly not the door-to-door type of person. Hang in there and keep working as hard as you are. We love you guys!