Sunday, June 24, 2007

Crater Lake and Kambri Lyn

Hey Everybody... Kelli and I send our apologies for not blogging for a while. Kelli went to Utah and is back. I sure did miss her. Glad she could go see the family and Kambri (picture at bottom of this blog), but I am glad she is here with me. With her back... Sales have improved.


Today we went to Crater Lake and just got back. We are so excited about what we saw that we wanted to immediately share with everybody. Here ya go. This is of us at Union Creek Gorge. Neat place because you can see where the Lava has flowed and helped create this place.


Kyler and Abby from an arial view so that you can see the gorge, this may be the only picture you see of them apart.Kelli and Abby showing off "the living stump". It is still alive because it is grafted into the Douglas Fur next to it. Sweet huh!

This is Kelli and I and this is one of our favorite pictures of us. You can't see it, but we are standing super close to the edge... It is super steep behind us. The sign to our side says "keep animals on a leash. Those that are not on a leash are usually never seen again due to steep incline"

Cute.

This is of us all. We still can't believe how BLUE the water looks. It was really cold up there with all the snow, but really these pictures do not do justice to how BLUE the water really is.


This one kind of "does justice"...

Don't worry... the earth did not tilt. The water is not going to flow away out of the caldera (created from the volcano of Mt. Mazama). Kelli just has the camera tilted a little.

This is Kyler and I. BFF (Best Friends Forever). GQ don't ya think. In the background is Crater Lake of course... 5-6 miles wide. 1943 ft deep. Those cliffs in the background are nearly 2000 ft high in some places. It was a big volcano at one point in time. Then it collapsed, erupted a few more times, sealed the cracks and holes in the bottom, and filled up with snow run off and rain over time. It's pretty sweet.


Kyler and Abby in their happy place.


In the background you can see Wizard Island. It is a mini volcano that was created in the eruptions that came after the collapse of Mount Mazama. It is an island that you can get a boatride to, but it is sunday, and closed because there is still too much snow up there.


Yeah, snow. Kelli promised she would not get any snow on me, but she did... TWICE! that is why I am not smiling in this photo. I got her back immediately after.
All in all, we enjoyed the trip. It was well worth it. We have a few more things that need to be seen in Oregon, but probably will not get to it because we are moving to Chico, CA to finish off the summer. We are basically half done with this job, then back to Utah.
Kelli is super excited to be done with her job at Kohl's and Bath and Body... unless she gets hired in CA.


This is a picture of Kambri Lyn who was born June 8th. She belongs to Krista (Kelli's Sister) and Dustin Hopkinson. Congratulations for the new addition to the family. There are still a lot more boys than girls on Kelli's side of the family... and the same with my side.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kirk,

When did you guys move to Oregon? I saw your blog site on the old mission web site and thought I would check it out. I should have a blog coming soon and will let you know (everyone I know has one, except me and Heather). Hope all is well.

Devin and Andrea Hatch said...

Kirk,

That's funny that you put up pictures of Crater Lake...I kinda watched a little thing of it a few days ago and thought it was a very pretty place...one I'd like to visit. It looks like you guys are having tons of fun. Keep blogging...it's good to know you guys are doing well.

Emily said...

Wow! That place looks so pretty. I, too, would love to see that place. Maybe later in our life you can take us back for a vacation.

Nice sister I am...I didn't even know Kelli was in Utah, nor did I know she was working at Bath & Body & Kohl's. Glad I've been informed now!

Congrats on the new baby. She is a cutie! I'm sure it's a nice break from the boys!

Love ya lots!
Em

Liz said...

How cute!! I love how cute Kristas baby is.. She is perfect. Girls are sweet. How fun all those pictures. They are cute. So sad that you got snow, I hate the cold. That place looks very pretty.

Brinda said...

You guys are having quite the adventure!!! Crater Lake looks beautiful. If the pictures don't do it justice, it must be amazing because it looks awesome and very blue.

Good luck with the move to California!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. Beautiful Park reminds me of Lake Tahoe. Kambri is so much fun. She is now 10 lbs. at 2 weeks old. We are having a lot of fun dressing her up. It was so fun to have you home Kelli. We miss you already. Kirk wish you could have been here. Can't wait till August gets here but I really don't want the summer to be over. Have a great move. Love Mom E.

Anonymous said...

Love the blogs. I miss you two, but glad you are having this great experience. One thing you can't ever get back is time alone with your spouse for a lot of years so enjoy each other. That is one cute neice. Mom