This is Kirk and I's new house... Pretty huh? J/k this is the fort that some of the family members are building up on our property. We went camping over Labor Day!
Sunday, September 9, 2007
BUSy Busy BuSy, bUsY....
That is all there is too it. We are just to darn busy. I started my students teaching and I have been going non stop.. I just want to stand on a soap box here for a second and just let everyone know that being a teacher is hard work.... It is a full time job plus overtime....8-5 just being at the school, then there is babysitting the children until they understand what is going on and then coaching the children, making sure that everyone understands, making sure the parents are happy, meeting the surriculum, administering tests, correcting papers, and all the while trying to stay happy, optimistic, and alive... It is hard work... maybe you shoudl thank your children's teachers more often.... Anyway don't get me wrong I love it. It may be hard but it is one of the most rewarding jobs you could have. Seeing a students really understand a concept and then thanking you for helping them means more that you would ever guess.. I love the teaching stuff. It is a little hard being in another teachers classroom... luckily my mentor teachers are understanding and they really want me to succeed... it is just stressful when they start throwing all the lessons and everything on you.. it isn't gradual at all.. so I am trying to stay afloat in lesson planning, paper correcting, assignment doing, unpacking, cleaning, and being a wife...I think I will survive. Kirk has alos been busy all last week he was gone with some of the other admissions staff.... High School Tour has started which means Kirk will be on the road alot keep him in your prayers please. This whole week he is gone also touring and it will be this way till about the end of November..... Growing up is hard work... Don't worry though folks, we are loving life and we will make it over this hurdle with a lot of wisdom... (I am hoping). Things are good cause we are both alive and we know that we have what it takes... Just thought I would update you in what has been going on... Thats our life right now... I am hoping it slows down so we can take some time to enjoy life...
Mom and I at the Josh Groban Concert... It was so awesome!! Thanks Kirk!
This is Kirk and I's new house... Pretty huh? J/k this is the fort that some of the family members are building up on our property. We went camping over Labor Day!
This is Kirk and I's new house... Pretty huh? J/k this is the fort that some of the family members are building up on our property. We went camping over Labor Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It is so much fun to have you here with us even though we are all sooooo busy. We can at least say hi as we pass in the kitchen. Kelli, school teaching is worth it and a lot of fun (and work) when you get your own class. You'll be great and Kirk will be great at his new work also. See you soon. Love mom
congrats on havintg such a great attitude. That looks like fun at the concert. love the new house;) Sounds like you having a ball
LIz
Well my dear, let me just tell you that life doesn't get any slower as you go along. I keep telling people I need another 12 hours in a day or to be able to not sleep the few that I get!
We are glad you are doing well and liking the new jobs.
Love ya
Em
Post a Comment