We all chipped yesterday and put Christmas away yesterday! Here are some photos (mostly from today).
Kelli and her Mom, Linda, are busy right now as we speak organizing photos.
I am super proud of them for attacking such a huge project. There are pictures everywhere, but they are making progress.
Larry (Kelli's Dad) has been growing this plant. An Amaryllis. The flower that you see is the size of my hand. The height of the plant is about 2 feet. Its an amazing plant because it was only a bulb about 2 weeks ago.
These next two pictures are from today. Kirk and Larry really enjoy Sunday afternoon naps.
I would also like to bring to your attention that Kirk has shaved "it" off his face. Some have speculated that it was a muscrat or some furry living organism that attached to his face because he couldn't grow facial hair if his life depended on it. Whatever it may have been, it is now gone.
Another note to add. For the past week, Kirk has dealt with "his cold sores". You may brush it off saying oh well. Let me explain a little more that I may draw upon your sympathy. Almost every year for the past 5 years, I get one (give or take a couple months). When the cold sore hits it starts out small then takes over like a pack of wolves on a 3 legged cat. It literally has spread across my top lip and bottom lip on one occasion. This year, I was lucky and caught it in time so it only spread across half of my top lip. I'll spare you most of the details, but will explain that its like having an open wound because if you ever move your mouth it just opens it back up. Try not to smile, eat, talk, etc. for an entire week!
Okay enough about Kirk. He survived. Kelli wants some spotlight. She has been hired on as an aid at valley view elementary. Plus she takes sub jobs when she can. Kelli is also braving her new calling (and Kirk's) in the Primary. Yes, promoted. The Blake's went from Nursery to the Primary. Last week was the first week. It was chaos. We didn't know what we were doing and the poor kids expected toys and treats. They got to sit down for an entire HOUR (!) in primary then on to class. Would there be treats? no... but there was a lesson that Kelli planned, but heaven forbid that you get these 3 year olds to just sit and listen. After last week, we considered inactivity, but decided that our Salvation was more important (even if we go insane). This week was much better though.. Still no treats for the kids. We really enjoyed that part of nursery (and the toys).
Since you've braved this far, I will give you one more picture. We were eating pie and Kirk had to help Linda out by putting the topping directly into her mouth. Glad we caught it with the camera.
11 comments:
this post made me laugh a lot. "like a pack of wolves on a 3 legged cat"...poetry, sheer poetry. :)
how fun!! I love the pictures. Glad you are getting organized. That is no fun. YOu can come to my house next. My moms photos are very unorganized and the size of TX. Kirk you loked great no matter what. WE love you both
liz
Oh man...the joys of the primary! We had a lot of great experiences when we taught the Sunbeams, but there were times when we too considered inactivity :) One lady told us it'd be the best birth control we'd get...
I'm not sure why, but there must be some unwritten rule about newlyweds being in Nursery and primary. I don't know if they are secretly trying to use that as birth control, or just plain being insensitive. I think newlyweds and parents of that age group should be exempt from Primary. The newlyweds have enough to adjust to and the parents deal with their kids all day anyway. Just my 2 cents worth.
Too bad about the cold sores. I feel for ya.
Good job on the organization. I helped mom do that a few years ago. Liz, they are still organized as far as I know because I'm sure she hasn't scrapbooked them. ;)
Good blog! Love the pic of Linda and the cream!
Em
Wow, that flower is sooo pretty! Have you tried the zap it stick on cole sores. Scott uses that when he first feels one coming on and it never ends up showing it's ugly little face. Yeah, I can feel for you on the sunbeams thing. The sunbeams in our ward are known throughout the whole valley...and not in a good way. They can't keep teachers in there and it's almost impossible to find subs because once you've subbed for sunbeams, you'll never do it again.
Mindy
No help with the cold sore, they don't sound fun, I've never had one.
We aren't in Primary anymore but man, Sunbeams is the worst calling. Those kids are hopped up on something. We were lucky, we had CTR6. We, however, were not above bribery.
That flower is beautiful, and amazing it grew that fast.
Sheila
Yeah, primary. Not one of my favorite places, but probably one of the most important! You guys will be great. Little kids seem to love the newlyweds and older people who will teach.
So sorry for your cold sore Kirk!!! Have you ever tried L-Lysine? (I think that's it) My sister in law gets cold sores a lot and that's what she uses to help with them.
No offense, but I am glad to see the goatee is gone. It made you look 30 :) Although that is the best way to stay out of bishoprics and elder's quorum presidencies, but unfortunately not the nursery or primary. I used to have the best calling as the ward organist, but now I am Webelos leader. It isn't too bad though.
OK........I have to come to my own defense here since there are 3 comments about my unorganized photo's...Emily and Liz did organize them 5 years ago and I have actually started putting photos directly into a photo album as I have gotten them processed. Of course I wish I had done it 30 years ago but I really needed my children to have something to do when they come to visit...ha ha! I am working on it but it looks like I need Kelli's help too. See your Mom and I are just alike! She is so fun and I bet she is glad you are there. You can come and start mine anytime.
Oh, the Sunday nap...it just wouldn't be Sunday without one!
Ok that picture of me has to go or I may resort to violence or just a "funny" picture of you. Remember Kirk I still owe you for sneaking up and scaring me. Keep up the blogs. Mom
Post a Comment