I have Influenza A. The one year I decide not to get my flu shot. That is how it always happens right?So I looked it up to find out some more information. This is what I found.
Influenza Type A is the most common and also the scariest of the three influenzas, causing the most serious epidemics in history.
High fever
Shaking chills
Chest pain with each breath
Coughing that produces thick, yellowish-green-colored mucus
Body Aches
Headaches
Runny nose
It is not fun at all. So steer clear of me for awhile It should be over within 7 days.... about 3 down.. Oh yeah the doctor also said there isn't anything I can take to make it better.. Just some cough syrup to help me get some sleep which I need. Badly. I must say thank you to Kirk thought for helping me out during this time of sickness...
(disclaimer: if this doesn't make sense I am sick....)
10 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear that you are sick. I hope it gets gone fast! Good luck!
ugh! i'm sorry you're sick, kelli. that's funny that it happened the first year you didn't get your flu shot. i had never had the flu in my life, until last year--the first year i ever got a flu shot. ironic, eh? :) i hope you get feeling better soon. tell kirk to take good care of you!
Oh No!! I'm so sorry! That's horrible! Being sick is the worst, and I hear that this flu is absolutely ruthless. I hope you get better quickly. Lots of rest and fluids. Now I sound like my mom. LOL
I'm sorry you got the nasty flu bug. I hope you get some rest and get over it quick.
We're not flu shot believers, I'm afraid. Paul and I got flu shots one of our first years of marriage, and we both got the flu from the vaccine. We've never had the flu before or since. Dumb shot! We haven't gotten one since, but alot of people I know do. We're just weird I guess.
Feel better!
Sheila
It is never fun to be sick. Heather went to the doctor today and she has influenza type B. She didn't have a flu shot either. Lance and I had one and don't have it yet, I guess we will see. The doctor told Heather that the flu shot this year wasn't as effective as previous years.
Hope you get feeling better soon. That is no fun.
From what I hear the shot may or may not have helped anyway since one of the strains going around was not in the vaccine.
Emily
that stinks! I heard on the news that the flu shot this year was for the wrong strain, so it probably wouldn't have helped you anyways. I've only had one flu shot in my life. i usually make sure my kids get their shot every year though. hope it eases up for ya real soon.
mindy
Hey Kelli,
Sorry your so sick. I hope you get better soon. We both go flu shots this year, but it didn't help much. We have both had to use more sick days then we like.
WEll I hope that you are getting better. I used to get the flu shot, but I am praying and having faith that we don't need them, We did not get the shots this year either. I guess I willw orry about it more when my kids are in school. WE missed you the other day
liz
sorry you are so sick! I am actually from Medford, OR originally. I was born in Portland and grew up in Medford until I was 11, when we moved to Richfield! Did you love it there? I miss it!
Post a Comment