Thursday, April 17, 2008

Roller Coaster

Let me begin by saying that this past week has been an emotional roller coaster. We have been very excited about the move down to Cedar City, but then found out it might not happen, however we are back on board. That is the reason for this post.

For those of you who have not heard, Yes, we are moving to Cedar City in a month. Kelli will attend hair school at Evans and the reason for the move is... I have a job in the Welcome Center at SUU. It is basically the same thing I do now in Northern Utah, but my area of responsibility changes and I will be in charge of QUEST (SUU's Summer Leadership Conferences -for high school leadership), and a few other responsibilities.

We've also made an offer on a townhome and we are now under contract. Now if we can battle through the loan process. thank goodness we have Scott Memmott helping us out. We are facing a problem because of our MY CREDIT score. It is low not because we've ever made a late payment but because we NEVER carry a balance on our credit card. DUMB. Thanks for rewarding the people that like to stay out of debt! But we will get in that townhome.

To update you, We went to the Jimmy Eat World concert with Launi and Josh Leavitt and Joe and Angie Reedy. We had a good time waiting for the concert to start and then waiting an additional 2 hours for Jimmy Eat World take the stage. Thank Goodness for Dear and the Headlights and Paramore for entertaining us (or should I say helping to ruin our hearing for a few days.) Thanks to the Leavitt and Reedy family for coming with us.

10 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats! I'm glad it all worked out. Have fun with that loan. Can I just say how happy I am I'm not processing it? lol

Glad you had fun at the concert.

Emily

Angie said...

A month? We're gonna have to have one more party really soon!

Glad it worked out for you!!

Hali said...

Glad to hear things are falling in to place. I'll miss seeing you two characters, but I imagine I'll make a trip or two to Cedar :). Congrats and best wishes!

Launi said...

i remember going to quest and duct taping janelle to the wall. good times. :) i hope you enjoy your new job and being back in cedar, although we will miss you up here! make sure to get that photo of all of us to me if you can! :)

Taderbugs said...

That will be great for you guys to get out on your own. You two always have seemed like you really miss Cedar. I'm sure it will be a great experience. It's always a good idea to build your credit or it can make things very difficult for you. I guess you just have to be very disciplined and not go overboard.
I have never heard of any of those people that you mentioned in the last paragraph. Not a one. :-) But I'm sure it was fun.
Mindy

Whit said...

AHHH! Chris just told me you guys were moving back to cedar city so then I had to get on here and read about it! I am so excited you guys are moving back down here. I have missed you so much. We love you both!!!!
Ty and Whit

Liz said...

Glad you get to get out on your own. Don't you love getting loans? I am glad Scott is helping you too.
Glad you had fun at the concert.
liz

Rivers and Monica said...

Fun!!! I prefer Hurricane over Cedar, but that is because I am biased. Either way-Southern Utah is awesome. Of course, you already knew that. Congrats on the new job/townhome. It sounds exciting and scary. We will have to visit one of these times that we are heading down that way.

Brittany said...

I am sooo excited! We will have to hang out. I'm glad things are working out for the two of you. Love ya!

Scott and Haley said...

I am so excited for you!!! The Welcome center is in for a real treat! I sometimes wish I was still working there! It is the best place I have ever worked. I will admit I am a little jealous! Are you guys walking in May? I am so I would love to see you guys. I miss you tonz. Congrats again! Good luck with the move and the loan.