Thursday, June 26, 2008

$3.35



That is what I paid to fill up my vehicle to top it off. Quite a deal considering it was on empty this morning. Did gas drop to a low of $0.35 a gallon? I think not. Kelli and I purchased a scooter this week and are enjoying it. Kelli is a first time rider of a motorcycle and is doing well at learning how to drive it.



We have been busy over the last 2 weeks. Kelli is still loving Hair School and even has the chance to practice on friends who come in on saturdays to get nails done for free. This Saturday it will be facials. If you are in Cedar City make sure you get an appointment.

I have been "prepping" to start IN the Welcome Center at SUU this coming Tuesday. Quest will officially start the following Monday. Nervous? A little.


I've also had the opportunity to go on a few bike rides with Devin. I hope to go on one last one before they move (tomorrow). I have also been playing Tennis with Kaden and my boss Stephen Allen. It has been fun. I am a little rusty since I haven't played tennis in nearly 2 years. I am ashamed.


Kyler and Abby had their baby on the 15th and I must admit it is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen. The first picture is of Kyler and Abby putting on Gavin's first pair of socks.
Kelli and Gavin Kyler McEwen
Congratulations to the McEwen's for their new addition!


Below is a video that was taken last night. We'll call this video "the quiver". We were playing Rat Screw or something like that and it was just laughter after the game ended. Mainly because Kelli was not pleased with how quick her husband was at "slapping the doubles". It ended up being 10 minutes of us laughing - Kelli crying a waterfall of tears. Devin tried explaining what it looked like from his perspective as he watched Kelli's bottom lip quiver and it was something like that from Winnie the Pooh or something. Take a look the video is only a minute or so.




and I want to take a minute to say to Devin and Andrea... We will miss you guys a lot! We've been dreading this day for months, but are continuing your education. We're glad you are family and wish you the best of luck as you start school down in Henderson. Thanks for the laughs and memories and we look forward to many more together!

8 comments:

KFinley said...

I am so jealous! I totally wanted a little cycle like that! Glad to see that things are going well for you in Cedar - I miss you!

Liz said...

congrats on the bike to bad you cant drive it long distances. Hey i love the video. Made me laugh
Liz

Angie said...

how funny!
and tell congrats to kyler! how exciting!

Devin and Andrea Hatch said...

Oh! Guys...I got a bit teary eyed reading that. Good thing I watched the video after I read the whole thing. What a good time that was. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! Thanks for having us over and sorry I bailed out on the bike ride this morning Kirk. I was up and ready to go (I got up early to go worm hunting in Granny's garden) and then as I was getting ready to ride off I realized the tire was low/flat. We'll have to arrange some time to meet up one of these upcoming weekends. Good luck with everything! We love you guys!

P.S. Your scooter is awesome

Taderbugs said...

Hey the scooter looks like fun. Can I take it for a spin?I don't think that something like that would work out for me with 2 kids though. You guys looked hopped up or something on the video. Funny.
Mindy

Brinda said...

$3.35! If I didn't have kids I'd be trading in my gas guzzler for a sweet ride like yours!

I love the video!

Emily said...

I'm with Brinda...I'd get one too if I could get a little cart to drag the kids behind me on! Winter might suck though!

That video was funny. Good times.

Emily

chadrick said...

man, i need a scooter!!!