
So, for those of you who heard and those who didn't... I Auditioned for American Idol yesterday. It was a life goal of mine and I promised my 5th grade class last year that I would... It was also in Salt Lake so my mom and I went up. It was a lot of fun. So here are some pictures and stories.
Mom and I went up to SL at 8 on Monday and we registered it went very quick like 15 minutes. Then we met up with Kim at lunch and we toured around Temple Square. It was fun to be with them. I love Temple Square. Mom and I saw the Joseph Smith movie up there and it was awesome I love it everytime I see it. On Tuesday mom and I drove to SL at 4 am... We got there at 5 and stood in line... till 8. But this is where the fun happened. I got interviewed by Ninevah for Fox 13 and it was being fed to Philadelphia... So I sang for them here is a video of it.... It is quiet and I hope it works.
I was also interviewed by Justin Guarinni (1st season runner up) and John Peter Lewis (JPL, I'm not sure which season he was from... whoops but it was fun)

Ryan Seacrest was there too!!!
MOm and I waiting! We were in the promo shots and the ones that will show when it aires so look for us!
Proof that I was there

It was actually a really interesting process.........that is all i will say. We were there a total of 12 hours....waiting for most of it for my audition. I was a little bugged because the producers were really tired by the time I got there they didn't even look at me and there was a kid with me that auditioned and he was awesome and he passed. They must have a quota or something. They didn't ask our names or anything and there are some wierdos that you will be seeing. Randy Paula, and Simon won't even be there until September....I think a lot of people were really disappointed. I was just grateful to experience it. Thanks for those who supported me and encouraged me. It was a great experience and now I can mark that off my list of goals :)
18 comments:
Wow! That's so cool. Hopefully you will get a call back. I watched the video and it was kind of quiet, but from what I heard you sound great. We will be watching for you on the big show this next season.
Way to be Kelli! That's awesome! Sounds like you had a long, fun day. What's the next step? I have no clue how it all works...
go kelli! that's awesome!
Yay kelli Im so proud of you that is awesome I have always loved your voice. So whats next?
Kelli that is great! I think you didi a grat job singing, but the background was kinda noisy!!
We will watch for ya!
liz
YOU WERE AWESOME! I'm so happy for you! Looks like a blast, wish I could've been there with you (I'd have been the weirdo that they let through!). I'm so excited to watch American Idol now!
That is awesome Kelli! I admire your bravery, but then you really are a great singer.
That's so neat Kelli! What a long long day. I bet it was an interesting experience all the same.
Sheila
Kelli That was so fun to go with you to the American Idol tryouts. I think that they let the best ones go. I can't believe they had over 6,000 to listen to. Next time we will know how to do it better. You just have to come up with a weirder costume. Ha Ha. Love Mom
sweet...I sure it was fun just seeing all the people there.
Fun! That's awesome, I'm glad you did too! Congrats!
kelli you rock your voice is amazing and you are so brave i love you so much. i just realized you and kirk started dating on my anniversary that is crazy well love you talk to you later. kricketlyn
It was so fun to see you yesterday! I didn't know that you tried out! You are amazing... and very gutsy. I wish I could sing.
Glad you got to have a great experience and have one more thing to check of your lengthy list of goals. I think it takes a brave person to even try out...even for those of you with good voices.
Love,
Emily
I never heard how that turned out! (Something about babysitting 14-15 year olds at EFY kept me busy!) I am so proud of you for reaching your goals! YOU are my hero!
Love ya, Linds!
Check it out,
FaceHead Studios is the place to win free personalized artwork for your MySpace, Facebook, Blog or personal use. There will be Daily winners, E-mail me your coolest, greatest, most awesomest photos of yourself, or of you and a best friend, or maybe even a family if it is a cool enough picture, then check back the next day to see if you have won. If you win you will get a a large and small version of the artwork to do with what you want. If you don't win try again with an even cooler photo. E-mail me at faceheadstudios@gmail.com and check out the blog at faceheadstudios.blogspot.com
I can't believe you auditioned for american idol. You are soooooooo cool. I would have done that 6 or 7 years ago, but my voice is way out of shape now. Kudos to you! You are awesome!
Amy Shupe
You are so cool! That is so awesome you did that, I could never be that brave...even if I had a decent voice.
Post a Comment