Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I miss Kelli

So I am away in Davis and Weber Counties for the week. It is really hard being away from Kelli right now. I really wish that this week would go by a little quicker.

For those of you that do not know what I do... this time of the year is what we call "high school tour". If you graduated from a high school in Utah then you may have experienced this. Each of the colleges/universities in the state of utah send representatives to one (or two schools) each day over the span of 2 months. Since there are so many schools in Northern Utah I help cover the schools up here. While at the school we give 3 different presentations giving the student an opportunity to hear about the schools of their choice.

If you are in northern utah and want to "hang out" I have plenty of free time during the days.

Well, the exciting part of the week started on monday while we were at Weber High School. Apparently Weber High wona texting competition and had sent in some 300,000+ texts to win it. The prize? Jessica Simpson to visit their school. We happened to be there. I was within a few feet of her, but only had the cell phone. Here is the best shot we came up with (for those of you that care).
Here is a picture that Emily sent me. It was taken around christmas time of 2004. I really miss Grandpa Blake.

5 comments:

KFinley said...

I miss Kelli too! J/K! Sorry you are out on the tour, that would be super hard to do! Hopefully you get to have a little fun and get to know some of the other schools. Also, give a huge shout-out to my alma mater! Lakers Rule...even if our bathrooms are completely ghetto!

Liz said...

I love that picture of you and grandpa. Thanks for sharing. Glad you miss kelli
liz

Emily said...

The whole HS tour sounds boring to me. I hope it goes by fast for you. That is cool you got to see Jessica Simpson. Maybe you will learn to pack a camera for those moments. ;) All I can say is how sad that they won a contest such as texting. Would have been cooler if it were academic.

Emily

Rob N Amy said...

Jessica Simpson!!! I wish you got a better picture. I don't really believe you.J/k

Heather said...

We would love to have you over!!!