Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas FUN

We've been really busy with Christmas, school/work, and church but we are finding time to enjoy the Christmas season! Here are some pictures to prove that to those who don't believe us. This was fun times. My old roommates from SUU suprised me by stoping by and we went out and got asphalt pie just like old times!!! Here we are Vanessa, Emily, and I.

On Friday night we went to a party with our awesome friends. The Perkins hosted it and it was one of the funnest parties ever let me give you a re-cap.... We ate dinner then played games
The first pin the nose on the snowman. Here is a picture of Kirk's winning pin. I'm glad that this is still a fun game for us.
Then we did a white elephant game, always a fun one with stealing and opening.
Then we played the "SANTA CLAUS" game. you roll dice and if you get doubles you scream Santa Claus and you put on the oven mits and try to unwrap the present. You get to do this until the next person rolls doubles. I was laughing so hard. Daylen did a good job wrapping that there were so many layers and boxes it was CRAZY. Kirk rolled doubles like 4 times in a row. However, Abby took home this prize a Sonic gift card!
The last game we did we had to draw a picture while holding the paper on our heads no peeking. After we got graded on how well we did like is the star on the tree? The stockings on the mantle? I am definitly not an artist. Bob took the prize on this one he got creativity points for drawing ornaments!
Afterwards Daylen read us a story about gratitude! It was an awesome end to an awesome night..(Kyler wanted his picture with him. haha) Thanks Perkins it was a blast!
Here is the group of us! I love my friends they are pretty much awesome! We are lucky and grateful.
And last but not least we finally got a "Christmas tree" Now before you scroll down know that this is not your ordinary tree. This is a we have been busy haven't gotten around to it and are leaving soon for break so this will have to do tree.
Tada!!
It is our lamp post complete with tree topper, lights, presents, and an ornament!! See below!
This is the lucky ornament. It is our 2008 one that my brother corry made.. He is so talented. If you want some let me know I will hook you up!
We are pretty proud of our tree... haha.. What can we say besides Christmas FUN!!!

9 comments:

Launi said...

so much fun! i love your "tree"!

Launi said...

so much fun! i love your "tree"!

KFinley said...

What a creative party! I *almost* makes me want to host one!

p.s. your tree is beautiful!

Emily said...

Oh, I want to have friends like that again. I love parties, but I hate hosting them. I'm glad you guys are enjoying the season.

The tree is awesome! Very creative of you.

Emily

Ma and Pa Ellertson said...

Hey I love the tree. Can't wait until you get home. Enjoy yourselves. It is so fun to have friends to play games with. We need to get back to that. Mom

Rob N Amy said...

I miss you guys soo much. Your tree is so funny lol. That is what you call living on a budget. I don't get cell phone reception at my parents house. This is a good number to reach me at. Pass it around if you want. 928-757-1342

Anonymous said...

Kelli that tree is awesome! I love it! It just shows your creative art side. So i remember that one year i cut a tree out of newspaper and hung it on the wall. That was our tree. We even hung lights on the flat paper tree. It was awesome! Well love you I cant wait to see you today! Love you drive safe.

Janae B said...

So glad you have good friends and that you have so much fun. We'll have to remember that game of drawing the picture. That would be a fun one to do at jail on game night. Those are some fun things they might do when they are bored in their cells. They may become artists. Nice tree! You need to use my fiberoptic one next year.

AWaters45 said...

The party recap made me miss Cedar so much! It looks like you guys had a blast. And I just love your tree! Very, um, creative!