Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Graduation Celebration in Cali!

My last day of school at Evan's was the 11th of June. So I am officially done with my hours I only have one more state test to take which is the end of this month then I will be licensed.. Crazy huh? Well, my cute hubby brought me flowers on my last day. Aren't they beautiful?

My friend Witney and I decided we would celebrate our freedom by going to California for the weekend. It was actually a really awesome trip. My friend Alli let us stay with her which was awesome and really made the trip much more enjoyable. So, Wit and I left friday and drove 6 hours to california. That first night we drove out to Newport Beach for a free movie on the beach.

We were pretty excited. We watched Night at the Museum. Luckily it wasn't as cold as we thought it would be. But every Friday and saturday they do free movies. If you get out that way i would suggest going!

Saturday we drove about an hour and a half to San Diego so we could see the temple and do Baptisms for the Dead. That temple is beautiful and the workers there were so funny. One lady acknowledged my baby belly and then said unless you have been eating too many bon bons but when that happens you can tell all over and yours is only in the middle. It made me feel al ittle better.

After our long afternoon driving back in traffic we drove to Huntington Beach and we did a little shopping and walked out on the pier. It was a beautiful night!


Sunday after church Alli drov us to the Newport Beach temple. It has a pretty cool story. The neighboring houses didn't want the temple there and they protested and the members there fought back did fundraising and built the temple to that it fit ordinances and the people couldn't complain anymore. The color isn't a white like normal it is a more reddish cream. It was pretty.


What is a trip to california without the beach? So we drove to Newport Beach. Which is a beautiful beach. we played in the sand and a little in the water. Some guy was laughing at us and was like is this the first time you've touched the ocean? I guess we were pretty excited cause we had both been at the beach a couple times.


we wrote all kind of fun things in the sand. "Just graduated, 09', I love Kirk,etc" We got a lot of pictures but I figured i had posted enough so I just posted a few.


About a mile down the road from Alli's house is this really funny sign. well we thought it was funny. So we walked down to it and took some photos.


The best part is the picture part with the cop and his foot on the bumper of the car. I loved it. Why don't we have those around here?



Around Alli's house there were houses burnt down and fields torched. Apparently one of the big fires was right by her house they figured it was toast but it survived. Alli was saying that there were quite a few families who stayed and fought the fired themselves to save their houses. That is pretty cool.

Well, on Monday we drove home. It was an awesome Graduation Celebration to ourselves and now that maybe I am home all the time it will actually hit me that I am done with school!

7 comments:

Whit said...

Congrats kelli! sounds like so much fun you deserve it after all that hard work! Love you

Anonymous said...

Yipee!! That looks like alot of fun! I am glad that you went!

kricketlyn said...

awesome that trip looked like a lot of fun. you are so cute i love your swimsuit it is so cute!! i am so glad that you went and had fun you totally deserve it. love you sis!

Liz said...

You look way cute in your swimsuit!! Glad that you finished school and got to go to California!
Liz

Emily said...

That looks like lots of fun. I'm jealous! I need a vacation. :) Congrats on finishing. Now I can put you to work on my hair!

Rob N Amy said...

Congrats on EVERYTHING! On having a boy and on your graduation. I am so excited for you. Don't worry you will ace that test.

Janae B said...

Sounds like a great trip and well deserved. It is always good to get away from it all. Congratulations on finishing.