Monday, November 16, 2009

Juandice Baby

This is us documenting when Kyden offically turned 1 day old. Here he is getting ready to go home. Getting him dressed was a lot harder than I thought. I was so excited to play dress up but i learned quickly that
1. Kyden doesn't like to get dressed and undressed
2. He squirms a lot
3. Dressing a baby is nothing like dressing up dolls
Our happy Family at home. It was nice to get home and get a few things done. It was nice because my sisters and preston were there waiting and holding Kyden so we could get situated.
Kirk & Preston made us lunch. Kirk enjoyed having a boy there too.. haha. Preston is a good sport to wear that apron.
Grandpa & Grandma Ellertson came.
Here we all are. I think that one day I will post a picture of myself with people soon when I actually look like I got ready but I think that because of what I just went through I deserve a pass on looking ready.
On Sunday we had to get his Billiruben level checked it was really high. 21. So we had to put him under lights at home. Lets just say it was miserable. He hated the goggles and he had to wear them. Thank goodness we had help or I think Kirk and I would've gone crazy. He would just cry so hard that it would wear himself out.
We took him out today for the first time to go to the doctor. He was such a good patient. He slept the whole time other than when they pricked his foot. He lost quite a bit of weight he weighs 6 lbs 10 oz but on the plus side he hasn't shrunk he is stil 20 in. On weight he is in the 14% and in height he is 51% he must get that from kirk.Unfortunatly our doctors appointment brought some rough news. Kyden's billi levels were still really high and he hasn't been eating alot because of it. (High levels make them very tired) So we were admitted into the hospital around 6 and they put him under lights and gave him an IV. I couldn't watch but Kirk, being the great dad he is, stayed in to comfort Kyden. It took 7 tries before they actually got the IV in. Poor kid. We were sad that we had to bring him back to be re admitted but we are also very grateful that he is on his way to recovery. Good news is in 6 hours from the time it got checked at the Doctors office to 8pm his level has already dropped to a 19. We want to thank everyone for their support and for prayers. We are definitly blessed.

14 comments:

Rachel said...

My sister-in-law just had a baby that had be under the billi lights for 8 days! He didn't respond as well as your little man though. It's so wonderful that we have the technology to help the little babes get better so quickly now. He's so cute! Congratulations again!

The Johnsons said...

He is just so stinkin' cute, I wish I could hold him!

I feel for you, Spencer was in the NICU for 5 days when he was born, and it's tough to see your baby with IV's in. Spencer had jaundice too, I felt bad for him to be under the lights.

Hopefully he'll be home soon, we'll be praying for him. Get some rest!

Liz said...

Kirk you are a great dad, and Kelli you are a great mom too. I can't watch my kids being pricked and poked at all either. He looks so cute ready to head to the doctor.

We love you guys and continue to keep you in our prayers.. I can't wait to see him and hold him he is adorable.. Even in those lights!

Janae B said...

Larry said when he watched Scott get IV's when he had pneumonia at age 6 was a tiny glimpse of what the Savior felt having His own Beloved Son in Gethsemane and on the cross. We can't handle seeing our children hurt We are glad he is resilient. Hope his healing is fast. He needs to hurry home so he can be loved a lot more! Let us know what we can do for you. Wes we are praying!
Give him a big KISS for this Grandma Blake. Good Night!
Grandma Janae

The Brindley's said...

Congrats!! I missed the original "he's here" post. I love the name Kyden and he sure is cute. Lets hope hs juandice is gone soon and you can just enjoy cuddling your little joy. You guys will be wonderful parents!!

KFinley said...

You have an absolutely beautiful baby! We can't wait to see you guys again and meet Kyden! I hope his juandice goes away, that must be so hard to watch! Let us know when we can bring you dinner!

Kim and Preston said...

Ya'll are great! THanks for posting pictures and for letting us stay. We cant wait to see you at Thanksgiving! Kyden looks good and I am glad he is getting better:)

Jessica said...

Don't feel bad--I have about 6 weeks worth of pictures of me not ready for the day! ;)

Poor guy; those lights don't look like much fun! Glad to hear he's doing a little better!

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Your little family is So cute! I'm sorry to hear that Kyden's billi levels were so high....I'm glad he's on the road to recovery!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear he's on the road to recovery. Hope he gets all better soon and that you get to hold him. He's such a cutie!

Ma and Pa Ellertson said...

So glad he is doing better. he is so cute and fun to hold. Can't wait to get you all back here so I can help. I'm getting too much sleep with you all at the hospital and me at your house. See you all tomorrow. Love Mom

AWaters45 said...

Your poor little guy! Those pictures under the lights are so sad but it's good to hear he is getting better. What an initiation into parenthood! Good luck you guys!

Bryan and Christy Clark said...

I HATE HATE HATE that stupid lightbox. After Ethan's 4th day in it my mom said she was taking it to the top of Cedar Mountain and kicking it off. She said she would eat the cost of it just for the satisfaction of being able to destroy it. haha, we wouldn't let her though. haha.
And i totally felt the same way about dressing Ethan for the 1st time, you dont really think anyting of it, but then it is kinda hard!

Devin and Andrea Hatch said...

He sure is cute you guys! We can't wait to meet him. He looks just like Kirk! We're glad you finally got to bring him home and he's doing well.