Sunday, June 20, 2010

Manti, Chocolates, and Fathers

This weekend Kirk and I got to go on a date... A real date. We left Kyden with Grandma and Grandpa and drove to Manti to see the pageant. We met up with some friends the Taskers and Tiedes. It was awesome even though I am covered in bug bites... Those things are mean.
Saturday we went to Grandma Blakes to learn how to make her yummy chocolates. Let's just say when I get our Christmas ones I will appreciate them a whole lot more. It is a lot of work but they sure are good.
Thanks Grandma for taking the time to teach us and for being so patient. Your chocolates are the best.

Kyden had powdered sugar all over him. But he and Heston got pretty worn out so they fell asleep which was nice because we could actually work on the chocolates.
We made up 6 plates. Each plate looked something like this

It was a blast being with everyone. Here we are showing off our yummies after a long hard morning of work

Last of all today is Father's Day and I couldn't let this day pass without expressing gratitude for all Fathers but most of all for the important ones in my life. First of all both Larrys (I couldn't find a picture of Papa Blake on my computer :( ) Thanks for all your support and love. Kirk, Kyden and I love you and are so grateful for your examples and love. You are the best fathers!


Last but not least My baby's daddy. Kirk is so good with Kyden and I really don't think that I could be a good mother without him. I love watching Kirk with Kyden. It makes me love him even more and I know that Kyden loves his daddy because when he gets home from work Kyden gets really excited and just wants to be with his dad. Thanks for everything Kirk. We love you.

6 comments:

Kim and Preston said...

Oh ya! I am still waiting for my chocolates! :) Love you guys.

Ma and Pa Ellertson said...

Don't scratch the bug bites. Try some aloe vera lotion. I hope you saved me a chocolate. Those are my favorite. Sure is a cute little guy and the bigger one is pretty cute too. congrats on your new calling Kirk. You will be great. Love you all

Tim and Brit said...

It was priceless how you called Kirk your babies daddy lol

Liz said...

Those chocolates are good, and much more appreciated!!
liz

Janae B said...

WOW! As usual I love the blog! So good to see pictures and catch up on life a little. Two of the cutest guys ever right there. Oh my he looks like his daddy in some of those. It's like having a baby Kirk all over again. Thank You for sharing.

Rob N Amy said...

Time has just flown. It seems like you just had Kyden. He is so big now. You are also looking fantastic!