We loved having a whole weekend to celebrate our independence! We were able to spend time with both families which was awesome. We started off the weekend in Lindon. Saturday morning that had the hot air balloons. Kirk and I were the lucky winners and we were suppossed to ride in the piggy hot air balloon so we got their early and helped get the balloon out and the wind got really bad so we didn't get to go up maybe another year! But Kirk and I had fun hanging out with my dad and with the ballooners (who by the way are an interesting bunch of people.) We went to Krispy Kreme donuts after.
That night we went to the Stadium of Fire. Carrie Underwood was performing and my sisters and I got to meet her and get our picture with her. Unfortunatly we couldn't take the picture with our own cameras and we won't get the picture until the 19th.. but if I remember I will post it. Anyway guess what she said to us...."Hi, I'm Carrie" I really thought to myself, "duh, we know." Anyway here is the clan before the stadium. My brother Corry and Corbyn joined us later. But they weren't here for this picture.
On Monday we were in Richfield. We decided to sign up and run the 5k. I seriously thought I was going to die. But we all survived. Kirk and I ran and finished at about 34 minutes which was way better than we thought we would do. We beat our time from the last one we ran which was good. I'm glad Steve and Kami ran with us!
Here are some pictures from the parade. I love small town parades they still throw candy!

We are so lucky to be able to celebrate our freedom! I am so grateful for all those men and women who sacrifice every day for me and my family. Thank you so much!
4 comments:
You guys are amazing. You seriously are. Looks like you had a great 4th weekend. We went to Kanab and had candy thrown at us. Definitely agree on the small town parades.
Let freedom ring! It was fun to be with you! Cant wait to see you in a couple weeks.
1. 5K's are hard core. I hate running them, but it feels good afterward.
2. When Carrie introduced herself, you should've acted like you didn't get her name. "I'm sorry, was that Terri? Sherri? Mary?" That would have been hilarious.
3. Your baby is super cute.
I love the update. Kyden is ADORABLE!! I love the picture of all three of you
Good job at the 5K
Post a Comment