Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 5: Boston Trip, Monday

April 18, 2011
(Picture overload)
We got on the transit and headed into town. It was a full day and lucky for us it was pretty good weather. The cool thing about Boston is that it is so Historical. The one thing I really wanted to do was walk the freedom trail.
The city has made it so nice cause you just follow this path.

We didn't do the whole trail today in fact we did only a small piece. The rest we did another day.
Here's Abby showing us how to walk it in style!
The subway station we got off on was in the basement of this old historical building. Which I thought was really weird but oh well.
This day happened to be the Boston Marathon. So while downtown we went to watch. This is Kirk at the very end of the race after the finish line. Those silver things are like heat blankets that they gave to the runner's after they finished.
Watching this made me never want to run a marathon. lol. We were by the finish line and people looked miserable. They would be running then just start limping because they would cramp. No one was smiling, Except us.

Kyden was cheering them on too.
The McEwen's neighbor Chase went into town to watch it with us.
Here is a picture of the runners. Look at all the people watching. No Pressure.
It was really cool to see and I hope that Kirk realizes that he has signed up for one of these... He is crazy. Abby and I.

Kyden was more interested in the Woof Woofs.
The Marathon was just a couple blocks away from Newbury street. This is a prominent street with a lot of expensive shops and expensive houses....We felt privileged just to walk it.. :)
Check out this old church on Newbury sweet huh?
After the watching the marathon we walked over to the Public Garden. Abby and I took Ky and Gavin on these.

Abby & Gaving
Kyden & I
The park was really beautiful
Here is a view of the guys from the boat. This is a picture Kirk took of us on the boat. I'm sure we would've really enjoyed this ride except for the girl peddling our boat talked the whole time about California and Raving.....Isn't there some rule about employees ruining rides for the customers?Right outside of the Garden was this.
Kyden finally fell asleep and took a nap. So he missed it.
But we didn't miss our chance for a photo op.
They wish....Not

Lucky for us everything was so close because a block from there was Boston Commons.

We stopped by the Frog Pond for a few pictures.
I'm learning from Abby. It looks pretty good right?
We took a stroll over to the place that stole the McEwen's from us in the first place... I have a Love Hate relationship with it...

But we are happy for them. Here is Kyler and Kirk with the founder.

Today was Kirk's Lucky day because literally right outside the school was Chinatown.
Kirk felt right at home...
We ate at this really good Taiwanese restaurant. Gavin loved the chopsticks.
Abby and I were starving.
Ky still wanted to dump water (what is new) Kirk was excited to brush up his Chinese skills.It was a very fun filled, busy day. But I think we were all ready to get home off our feet.
One last smile for the day.

From everyone.

3 comments:

kricketlyn said...

O much fun I love the frog and Kelli good posing:)

Ma and Pa Ellertson said...

You will enjoy having this record someday. I wish I had done it for my trips. I guess I can start now huh!! Love the pictures.

Liz said...

I love all the pictures! Looks like so much fun