April 20, 2011
Unfortunately the weather forecast was right and it was a pretty dreary, cold day. But we didn't let that stop us did we? Of Course Not! So we got in the care and drove to some neighboring towns. The first was...
We walked up and down the streets, into a few shops, by the water and by this old barn/shed thing....Look familiar?
If you've ever seen the movie "The Proposal" It should. Ha and you thought it was filmed in Alaska...
Then we drove through this really expensive little community and found this cute lighthouse.
We jumped out got pictures
and headed on our way too...
SALEM! I was really excited to go here... I think this trip has taught me that I am a history nut....I like things like that. We stopped by the visitor center
Let the kids run around for a bit.
Then started walking. We didn't go in this museum but we thought the building was sweet!
The City has this Witch sculpture that was pretty cool.
But, this is where we really wanted to go.
The memorial was really cool and it really made me think about how we treat those people who are different than us. It is quite a sad story.
Each of the slabs of stone jutting out from the wall represents one of the people who they killed, because they were different.
Right by the memorial was this graveyard.
It was awesome to walk through and take pictures in.
Unfortunately the weather forecast was right and it was a pretty dreary, cold day. But we didn't let that stop us did we? Of Course Not! So we got in the care and drove to some neighboring towns. The first was...
We jumped out got pictures
Then started walking. We didn't go in this museum but we thought the building was sweet!Me
Kirk
I can only imagine what this place is like during Halloween. I loved Salem too bad it was freezing...After we got home warmed up and ate we went down to the "Rec Area" We put the kids in the theater





2 comments:
We are a lot alike Kelli I love going to historical places it just Is cool!!!!
So far looks like you had a great trip! There are a few more movies filmed there isn't there? it looks familiar anyways!
liz
Post a Comment