Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Kaizley's Birth

Sunday morning at 1:30 am I woke up to contractions they were about 20 seconds long and about 6 minutes apart and continued until about 4:30 then stopped. L Sunday I had contractions every once in awhile like 1 an hour or so. The contractions started coming more often but not close enough. We were playing the Farming Game with our friends, the Bruecks, and they were coming closer but I also noticed they were getting stronger. The Bruecks left around 10 and we put Kyden to sleep and we straightened up a bit and did some reading to see if the contractions would go away. They didn’t and at 11:25 or so I started to keep really good track of how long and how far apart. By 11:40 they were coming every 3-5 minutes but they were short maybe 30-45 seconds. I tried walking around and taking a bath but they were just getting worse. We called the hospital and they said that if they got worse to come in or if they continued like that for a while longer. I was having a hard time breathing through them but I didn’t want to get sent home if we went over. I figured if we waiting till they had been like that for an hour we would be okay but I couldn’t wait that long. We called the Tiede’s over to sit with Kyden at 12:05 and left for the hospital around 12:10 ish.
In between contractions I did get Kirk to get my last belly picture.....
  I told Kirk that he couldn’t let anyone know we were going to the hospital unless we were admitted so he waited patiently. We had to walk through the entire hospital because it was after hours. So we got to labor and delivery around 12:20. There was only one nurse on the floor so it took a second to get the room prepped and get me in a gown. Around 12:30 she checked me and said, “No wonder you are in pain you are dilated to 6+ 7.” My response was get me the epidural. So Kirk and I call our families to let them know we were in the hospital. I was trying to breathe through the contractions but they were painful. Pretty sure Kirk’s hand was going numb. The nurse went out and called for other nurses and the doctor. About 10 minutes later my water broke. I told the nurse I needed to go to the bathroom and she said just don’t push. Don’t go number 2. I was like why not and she said you will have that baby in the toilet if you do. So I got out and went to the bathroom and then got back into bed. She checked me again and said that baby is coming. I couldn’t believe my ears. Where was my epidural? And where was Doctor Sanders? The nurse was so in control which was reassuring and told me that if it came down to it she could deliver the baby but wanted to wait for the doctor so I shouldn’t push. At this point I am in so much pain that I really don’t have control over my body. I told Kirk that I wasn’t going to make it because I was in so much pain. My body is pushing naturally and the nurse puts her hand down there to try and hold the baby in. The doctor showed up at 12:45 got as many of the surgery clothes on as he could and was trying to administer local anesthetics stopped half way through and did the episiotomy. And my baby girl was here at 12:50. Nobody believed us when we called or texted them to let them know that the baby was here because it happened so fast. I am so grateful that Kirk was by my side encouraging me and not leaving my side when I told him not to touch me or that he couldn’t do anything to help.  Let’s just say that it happened really fast and nothing like we had expected.
Kaizley Linae
May 28, 2012
12:50 am
7 lbs 1 oz
20 inches long
 Already has him wrapped around her finger
 I'm just glad she didn't come on my birthday. lol
 my kids all love to get their hair washed
 Lots of hair and her daddy's nose


 cute little bow
 Our happy family.
We are so grateful that Cassie and Aaron are so awesome and that they would watch Ky for us.

 Dr. Sanders 
He is such a great doctor. He told me that next time I shouldn't wait to come in. He also said that had I waited a little bit longer I probably would've had that baby at home.
I found out from a nurse later that Kz came out with her hand by her face and that she is sure that is why the doctor was able to get there. KZ's hand held her in just long enough.
 My family was all in Richfield for Memorial Day. It was so nice of them to drive down and see me.
Kirks family was also great because they drove down too.


 Kyden really does love his KK or his KC

 Showing the kids the baby
We are so happy to have her here and really happy that my labor wasn't any longer than it was. :)

3 comments:

Kim and Preston said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim and Preston said...

Oh what an amazing miracle! What a perfect day. We loved being with you to celebrate this time with you. Thanks for letting us enjoy it with you. We sure are happy that Kaizley made it safe!

Sarah said...

What a wonderfully crazy birth :) she is beautiful! Congrats!