Monday, April 16, 2007

This past weekend

Kelli and I made the journey north to Lindon Friday night. We watched Facing the Giants. Really good wholesome show! You should watch it. Saturday morning I got up extra early to carpool with Jason Lind and Kyler McEwen. The living scriptures SUPER SATURDAY was a lot of fun. I placed third in the door approach competition. (Remember, I will be in Oregon/California this summer selling Living Scriptures.) Then we headed back and I met Kelli in Sandy so we could go look for cars.

Our first stop was at Larry H. Miller in Murray. Wow, we found a car we loved and the salesman was nice, but their philosophy was "what can we do to get you to buy this car today". They are pushy at this point. Luckily we had Papa Larry on the phone to help us with our decision. He got us out of it. Thanks Dad!

We spent so much time there that we only could look at that one dealership. We went to get in the car and drive safely down to Lindon so Kelli could make it back to the Miss Pleasant Grove pageant (or Miss Lindon pageant as it should be called now because all the winners are from Lindon). Well, our 93 camry would not start. Of all the places. It even started smoking. Poor porkchop was dying on us. Kelli said a prayer and her faith got the car running again (literally!) We still do not know what the problem is, but it takes a while to start with occasional smoke.

I did make it to Utah Auto sales in Lindon. Wow, I recommend them to everybody! Customer service there is amazing and the cars are great. We're debating on which one to buy still, but I did meet Austin. He's my favorite. I did also meet Dustin who looked super familiar to me. After a little discussion, he told me that he played the 14 yr old joseph on the Restoration DVD put out by the church! it was cool...

Well peace out for now!

Kirk

1 comment:

Liz said...

wow congrats on the accomplishments at the living scriptures thing. Also good luck on the car buying. One piece of advice on getting a car, if you plan to keep this car for a while, get someone to lend you a carseat and see how they fit in the back seat behind the driver and the passenger how you would sit!! That will tell you if it will fit when you have kids:) Best wishes.