Thursday, August 30, 2007

Lake Powell

Wow! that is all I can say. It was one amazing trip! The weather was perfect! We literally skiid until our arms fell off (pics of this later).
This is a pic of kelli and kirk on the tube! This was, by far, Kelli's favorite ride. Her other favorite was riding in the bow and hitting big waves!


This is our new expert driver! Mom has turned out to be one very good driver! One other thing she is great at... FOOD. We had so much food. Lake Powell 'feeding' is great! Thanks mom!

This is a pic of Dad trying to get his ski on. The ski was being a pain, but he fixed it and had fun skiing as he always does.



This is Kirk testing out the slolemn ski. A little shaky, but happy to finally make it up on the one ski!




Since it was Kelli's first time at Lake Powell, we made sure that she saw some of the best highlights. This is Hole in the Rock. For those of you who have not been here, this is where LDS pioneers brought their wagons down in order to cross the colorado river and make it over into San Juan area. A few years ago Mom found a piece of wagon.




This is Kelli ttesting out the skiis. She made it up most of the time and well, she's good for a beginner.

We really had a great time and I have missed visiting Lake Powell. I am pretty sure we are 'settled down' now and will be able to make more time for this place. Besides Kelli is a pro now at skiing so we have to go back, plus I discovered that there is still a lot to that Lake that I do not know about. I really want to go on some hike's and visit some mines and old trails that are around the Lake. Thanks to Mom and Dad for taking time out of their busy schedules to take us there!

6 comments:

Jeff C. said...

You both are better than me. I can't even get up on 2 skis. I have tried lots of times, but I can't ever get up. Oh well, I guess I will stick to ground sports.

Anonymous said...

Some of our greatest memories are taking the time out for each individual family since that seems to be the only way we get any of them down to the Lake. Everyone's schedules and distance seems to be a big factor in the process. Next Year's Larry Blake Family will hopefully be there...Maybe if we start now and plan for when the water is warm and a full moon, we will go for it. And the big thing to go will be when Elder Steven Blake can show up before heading to school. Lake Powell takes presidence after a mission. Thanks Kelli for being such a great sport. The more the merrier, but I had so much fun with just you and Kirk. I cherish the memories with each family and we take them when we can get them. Luv Mom

Liz said...

I am glad that you got to go to the Lake for sure next year I'm going, I have not been since Tyson was a baby. I cannot wait to go down with the fam like old times. How fun Kelli got up her first time.
liz

Taderbugs said...

Lake Powell looked like fun! I think that I like it better when there is only a small group going.
there's one thing you can always count on went you go to the lake with your parents, and that's a whole lot of FOOD. LOL! You'll never go hungry. That's all I do when I go camping....Eat, and eat some more!
Mindy

Emily said...

Looks like fun. Sorry we missed out. Just get a bit tied down when kids start school I guess. I really wanted to go. I'm glad you had fun and had good weather. Hopefully we can all go next year together.

It was good to see you again.

Love
Emily

Brinda said...

Aw you lucky skii bums. I love Lake Powell. It looks like you all had tons of fun!