Saturday, February 23, 2008

Grandma Hatch and Grandpa Blake

I owe it to my grandparents to write them something. I am writing this note in response to the events of this week.

Grandma Hatch was transported to the hospital in Richfield on Thursday because of some complications that we was having. Thedoctors said there were different infections in her body. They were going to keep her overnight, but sent her home after a few hours. She is amazing.

Grandpa Blake is, as I write this note, being transported to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. He is suffering from complications that have come because of his cancer treatment. Last Fall they removed a 5 lb tumor from his stomach. Things were going well until a few weeks ago when he started getting fluid in his lungs. They treated him for it and now he is being admitted to the hospital for further treatment.

It breaks my heart to see them go through this. It makes my thoughts of self-pity just vanish. My thoughts are turned to my grandparents at this time because of the amazing examples that they set for us. If I can just become a fraction of the people that they have become, I will be happy.

To all my Grandparents, I love you! You are truly amazing people.

6 comments:

Devin and Andrea Hatch said...

I agree with you 100% Kirk. It's so easy to get caught up in our own lives and start feeling bad for ourselves, but when we stop focusing on ourselves and look around there are so many awesome examples for us to look to, our grandparents being some of the greatest. I hope your Grandpa Blake gets feeling better!

The Johnsons said...

I have to agree with you, they are amazing grandparents. I am lucky to have married into such a wonderful family!

I'm so glad grandma is ok, we heard about it when we only knew she had to go to the hospital, and were so worried until we heard she was ok. Grandma shouldn't scare us like that!

I hope your Grandpa Blake is doing ok, I'm sorry to hear about all he's gone through.

It's hard to watch our grandparents age and have health problems. It's hard to be so far away, I wish we could do more for them.

Sheila

Brinda said...

Gosh I'm really out of things. I didn't know grandma had gone to the hospital. I'm glad she's okay. I hope your grandpa starts doing better too. It's hard to watch loved ones suffer and be in pain.

KFinley said...

You guys are truly amazing - what a neat perspective to have at this time. I wish them well, keep stong, and know that we love you guys!

Liz said...

Thanks for posting. I love to hear how we are so greatful to have all 4 of our grandparents, and take so much for granite. I hate to see them so sick.
I have thought of Grandpa and Grandma Blake a ton this week too.

Emily said...

Great tribute. You are right about being too focused on ourselves sometimes. We all do it. I just wish I had a magic wand to make them better in a flash. I hate seeing people suffer.

Emily