Thursday, April 24, 2008

Michiganders Top 10

We don't have pictures to share with you at this time cuz we are currently sitting at the Detroit Airport. We are very very excited to share this Michiganders Top 10 list with you. These are things we learned from our hosts and the people who live in Michigan.

10. May 1st is the official start of the Holiday (nothing opens until May 1, well for the most part).
9. Chris has fudge in his pants.
Everything historic in the United States is in Greenfield Village
8.The real way to say bag is bayg.
7.The safest way to walk around a 12 story windmill is to hold onto the shingles (that are wooden).
6.The best tours are given by not looking at your group and mumbling in a dialect of Michigander.
5.Tree trunks will not catch the frisbee.
4.The best places to eat are those with nutshells on the ground and bars.
3.Fondue is everything it is cracked up to be.
2.Frankenmuth has Bronner (year round CHRISTmas store) and any kind of haus (house) you can think of including: cheese, fudge, candy, and sweater.
1. The Finley's live in Michigan! Go B.C.F.F.

Thanks to Chris and Kara for feeding us and showing what Michigan is really like. Please not that the top 10 does not include everything great about Michigan and is not in order (Well #1 is correct).

5 comments:

CofCandK said...

So sad that you had to leave. There are more exciting things to miss in MI before May 1st! We had so much fun with you and we hope you come back again! How come no mention of the naked windmill workers?

Emily said...

Sounds like fun without even seeing pictures. I can totally picture the windmill and the yummy fondue and hear the way they say "bayg". lol

Can't wait to see more!

Emily

Liz said...

SOunds like you had fun. cant wait to see pictures.
liz

Angie said...

I went to Michigan two summers ago. And I loved Greenfield village. And frankenmuth provided some awesome memories. I really wish i would've known more about Bronners when I went. There have been times when i wish I could just go there again.

The Wrights said...

Sound like a fun trip! I love Michigan.. very fun place!