Monday, May 11, 2009

Hair, Belly, and Celebrating Mothers

So, I have this friend at school who has really long gorgeous hair and for 11 months we have been trying to get her to cut it... well the other day she said I'll cut mine if you cut yours. I said okay, because I really didn't think she would buckle it after this long... well to my suprise she did. Pictures below.


Witney's hair before


After (Way cute)My hair before
My hair after and me showing off my 12 week belly. My hair is short but it is good.. I will just have to wait for it to grow. Well, this part of the pregnancy is really interesting. My body is going through changes but not like yay I'm pregnant changes, more like dang what is happening to my body changes. My face looks like a teenager breaking out all over.. Gaining weight but I don't really look pregnant just bigger. I don't feel awesome, mostly just kinda sick, like I can feel something coming on. So, I hope this stage passes soon.
For my first Mother's day Kirk suprised me by taking me to St. george for an overnight stay and then he took today off to spend it with me. It's been a while since Kirk and I have spent a day together. This school thing is killer, (good news is that I only have 5 weeks of school left!!!!) So, my 1st Mother's day was eventful and I will say that being pregnant has made me very appreciative of my Mother and Kirks mother.. It is tough work so I just want to wish a Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful Mothers out there. You deserve the world!

11 comments:

KFinley said...

Cute hair cut! Happy Mothers Day! You are going to be a mommy - it's so exciting!

Launi said...

don't worry, kelli, the second trimester (or as pregnant women like to call it, heaven!) is in sight! :)

Jessica said...

I have never had a worse complexion than the beginning of my pregnancy! And I hated the phase where I just looked fat, not pregnant. But don't worry! Your skin will clear up and soon you'll have an obvious baby bump!

Mary said...

You look great Kelli. Work it.

Lindsay Pace said...

I am sure this phase is horrible, but I know you are going to be a fantastic mom! I have been down in Southern Utah the last two weekends since by brother got home from the mish, but I didn't have a whole lot of time for much more than family. One of these next times I will give you a call and we will go and get a "Never on Sunday"! Love ya Kel!

Unknown said...

Kelli give it another month and you will feel spectacular, all your weight gain will go directly to a baby bump, and feeling sick will be a bad memory.

Anonymous said...

I love your new haircut! I think it is really really cute!

Ma and Pa Ellertson said...

Hey Kabelli You look awesome. Just enjoy. Love your hair and Whitney's. Way to go Whitney. Love Mom

Rob N Amy said...

Your hair looks so cute, as usual. After you feel the baby move, it is a whole new wonderful part about being pregnant. And just so Kirk knows, bob felt Madi move, when I was 22 weeks. I think I felt her at 17 weeks. I am so excited for you guys.

Amber said...

I think your hair is cute! Hope you're not feeling too bad still...

Emily said...

I feel your pain...literally. But according to Kirk, I am lots "bigger" than you, if that makes you feel better.

I love your hair. Looks cute.

Emily