Sunday, July 26, 2009

24 Weeks & Catch up

I have been slacking... Which is a weird thing because so much has been going on.. I just haven't taken very many pictures. So, before I get more complaints here is the updated picture of my baby. 24 weeks! I can't believe it has gone by so fast. Kirk got to feel the baby move last week we were pretty excited and I think he was a little shocked. Here is a funny story for you. Today kirk put his ear to my belly he wanted to see if he could "hear" the baby. I said, " I hope he kicks you in the face." Then to my surprise he did just that right on his cheek Obviously it wasn't a hard kick just a nudge but I am so proud that I have an obedient son already.2 weekends ago the Christiansen side of the family had our yearly reunion. It is probably my favorite thing about camping. We do horseshoe tournament (Way to go Mom and Preston on 2nd place, we are so proud), white elephants, spotlighting elks, and the auction. I didn't take any pictures though so I will have to get copies from my family. I am telling you though there isn't a better reason to go camping then to be with family. This last week we had a wedding and a couple of receptions in SL so Kirk took 2 days off and we went on a "babymoon" lol just time for us to do whatever and that is what we did, Temple sealing (Congrats Yates!), Luncheon, receptions (congrats Copelands) and then we drove to Heber for the farmers market to hang out with Corry and his family, met us with Kirk and an old companion, we watched Harry Potter movies getting us ready for the 6th one, we played the WII, we dove to Wayne County to visit family, and I finally convinced Kirk to take me to the 6th Harry Potter. It was an awesome weekend and I have been reminded of how lucky I am to have Kirk! Here is a picture of Kirk and Adam with the yummy taiwanese food.
Tonight, Steven texted Kirk to tell us to go outside and check out the lighting storm. It was the weirdest thing. Outside was perfectly calm. No wind, rain, or thunder but to the west was a beautiful lightning storm. We tried to get a video but we just caught the end of it and they were few and far between. So we did our best and here is a quick video the best one is at the very end! It was awesome!

6 comments:

Rob N Amy said...

I am so glad Kirk got to feel the baby. It is so fun for the dad's when they get to do that. We have some really crazy thunderstorms here. It is so awesome. I will have to catch it on video sometime.

KFinley said...

That is so funny! Kirk is already gettin kicked by the kid - I think this is a sign of things to come! Kelli, I love the belly!

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

That is SO funny that he kicked Kirk! Your SO dang cute the perfect pregnant girl!!

kricketlyn said...

oh so cute i cannot wit to see you next week i love you so much. you look so pregnant:)

Devin and Andrea Hatch said...

Kelli your belly looks so cute! That story is so funny about Kirk getting kicked. That happened to Devin too when I was pregnant. It's so fun when they can feel the baby kicking too. Hope everything is going well so far!

Emily said...

You are looking cute. Glad to hear he is obedient. lol.

Sounds like you had a great and busy week. I also love being with family. Great times.