Tuesday, February 16, 2010

3 Months & Counting

I can't believe it has been 3 months. Kyden has changed and grown so much, literally.... He is now 15 lbs 4 oz and 26 inches long... Here is a pic of his cute round tummy... and his "moobs" as kirk calls them. He loves to sit up. I put him in his swing and he hooked his arm on the side and sat up while it swang back and forth. He really hates laying down because he can't see what is going on around him. He is very observant.

Here is his official 3 month photo with the onesie, socks, and his first teddy bear. Another thing about Kyden is that he just found his tongue. He likes to chew on it and stick it in and out. He also likes to stare at his hands and he is getting better at grabbing things. He will no longer just suck on a binkie, he likes to gnaw on it and put it in the side of his mouth. I wish I had more pictures of these things but Kyden seems to be camera shy or he is just to focused on figuring out what a camera is to keep doing what he was doing.
His aunt Kim and him were able to get some shut eye. Kyden sleeps through the night now. He goes to bed around midnight then doesn't wake up till 5:30-7ish around there then he will go back to sleep for a couple hours. It is nice. He is in his own room now too.Unfortunatly also with the 3 month celebration came the 3 month hospitalization. Kydens oxygen levels were low and he was really congested. We were admitted yesterday and he is getting breathing treatments every 4 hours. He also has an IV for dehydration. We are still waiting on a few test results but as of now they are saying it is a virus and that it is most likely bronchitis.
But true to form my baby is trooper and even when he is going through all this he still finds time to smile and reassure mom and dad that he will forgive them.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! He really has grown! I hope he gets better really soon!!!

Leslie said...

So sorry he is sick. That is no fun. Let us know if you need something

Kim and Preston said...

What a cutie! I loved being able to hold him and be with you all! He really is an angel and I am glad he is getting the help that he needs:) Hope all continues to go well! Love you!

April Hoyt said...

My goodness! I didn't know this! I hope he gets feeling better! I am so ready for the sick season to be over with!

Ma and Pa Ellertson said...

Love to see the cute pictures of the little guy. He sure is growing. Hurry and get well quickly Kyden. We love you.

The Kailing Family said...

I sure hope little kyden gets better soon, so scary to have him in the hospital!! you guys are in our prayers!

Liz said...

I hope he continues to be on the mend!!

kricketlyn said...

oh I love being able to get on the computer and see your pics he is getting so big that teddy bear use to look little. I love you Kelli and Kirk and Ky and I am so glad y'all are recovering:)

The Staples Fam said...

I'm so glad he is okay! Oh my gosh those pics of him with the oxygen on are the CUTEST and saddest thing ever! He really is such a doll. Like seriously cute cute little boy. Good job!

Karen Kunzler said...

Oh my goodness. I am glad he is doing better. Loralee our second had bronchitis and was within hours of being hospitalized. She was also 3 months old. I was able to force her to finally eat after almost not eating all day. It was really scary. Glad things are going better though.