was AWESOME! Even if it was a really long busy day! It started pretty early because Kirk & I ran the SUUper Sorrel 5k. Mom & Dad watched Ky.

Here are some other crazy people who woke up to run or just show support. Heather & Nick Shober, Heather's little brother, Josh Hansen, us, & the Copelands

I also ran into one of my friends from Evan's Shaylee!!

Kirk said that he wanted to see how fast he could really run so I ran this one alone. The whole time I was thinking up excuses for why my time would be bad: cold, uphill, half on dirt, I haven't trained etc. But I actually didn't do too bad. Kirk ran it in 30:11 and I ran it in 33: something (We didn't wait around to see mine and it isn't posted online yet) I'd have to say I am pretty proud of us because we both did better than we did at the Richfield 5k last July.
***
Next was the alumni brunch and it was awesome. During this brunch they recognize the outstanding alumni's and because my dad is so cool. He was one of the 4 they honored.

I'm really proud of my dad and it was really fun to have him and my mom here for homecoming!

***
The parade was awesome. It was probably one of the best ones I have been too. It was a whole lot more fun because of the people we watched it with. Robyn, Danielle, Barbara, & Kevin drove up to celebrate with us. I think that I had like 20 things stolen right from underneath my nose because they had quick hands. But it was fun.

Me & Danielle

Alyssa & I

Kirk, Dave & Weston

Here is Kyden. Enjoying the ground

Here is our little family. Of course Ky wasn't even paying attention to the camera

Mom, Dad & Kambri got to ride in the parade. They were at the beginning so they got to watch most of the parade with us. The truck they drove in is worth like 60,000. That is crazy

I also ran into one of my roomies from college. Lisa Richardson! It was so great to see her.

Here's the gang enjoying the parade

Thanks to Nick and Heather for holding and entertaining Ky.

We gave Kyden his first sucker and he loved it. Too bad he can't control his slobber yet. Sorry Nick...

***
The Homecoming Game
Here is the group of us.

Mom, Dad & Kambri

Me & Kirk, Ky & Michael Franklin

During halftime my dad was recognized again and went on the field and everything

We had some really tired kids that day.
It was a really long but good day and I was glad that I got to spend it with family and friends. I really am proud of my dad.
***
I had to put this picture of mmy dad trying to teach ky to come down the stairs the right/safe way

Have I mentioned that I love Homecoming?
5 comments:
I think that is so fun you do so much with the school. In a way I am jealous! Good job to dad!
It was so much fun. We had a great time and the all the kids were awesome. Thanks to Barbara, Kevin, Robyn and Danielle for coming up.
1st of all kyden is so cute in his eleven month picture!!! 2ndly could you email me the pics from the parade had me and dave in them? I know it might be a pain in the butt, so you can totally take your time. but i especially want the one with you and me :)
I read about your dad in the alumni magazine. What a cool honor! Love SUU.
Also, when I read the caption under the 5K group pic, I read it like Josh Hansen was Heather's little brother. Funny.
i love all the pictures. Congrats on the 5k!! Proud of you two. Looks like you had a great day
liz
Post a Comment