Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day2: Boston Trip

April 15, 2011
Kirk & I got to Boston at 6:30 am. The plane flight was really rough. Ky moves a lot when he sleeps and I couldn't get comfortable at all. It was WONDERFUL of the McEwens to watch Ky for us while we took a nap and at least got some sleep so we could have fun later in the afternoon.
After we got our nap we headed into town. We waited for the bus by the fire department right by their apartment. It had two sides... the revere fire department and...
the Malden Fire Department

Here they are. The people we were so excited to see!!!
We went to the Science Museum. It was so much fun and there was so much to do.
There was a fish section. Kyden calls them FFFF
A simulated Space Craft. I took a little rest. It was actually very comfortable
Ky Liked it too.
The kids like all the buttons.... So did the adults
Whenever I walk up or down stairs with Kyden he tries to hold the railing and it is just to tall for him. But the thoughtful creators of this museum made one just Kyden's size.
The kids loved the computer areas.
of course
There was an electricity section that was cool
We swung back around and got a group picture in front of the spaceship thing.
Even the adults had a ton of fun. Especially with the cool mirrors.


We seriously sat around this display forever watching the balls go around and around..Landon just liked the casing...:)
A weird picture of me
Curious?
me too... That is a lot
Here is the Dinosaur portion
The interactive things kept us sane. The kids were able to explore just about everything!
Another weird picture of me.of course a picture of Kirk and some Chinese in the museum.

Kyden was having so much fun with Gavin and Landon!
We are in a museum.
I thought these were a little scary. Ky didn't
There was this weird thing that helped you flap your winds like a bird....
Let's just say it was a little awkward.
The dad's indulging the kids on the escalators!
Everything about this museum was fascinating. I wish we had one closer to our home. You could probably spend days in there.
We spend a good amount of time in there and didn't even get to see everything...We were exhausted though. See...
Heading back to the house via the subway!
It was a wonderful 1st day with the McEwen's!
(Sorry about the picture overload)

5 comments:

Liz said...

So far looks like you have had a great trip! I love all the pictures

kricketlyn said...

that museum looks awesome I want to go!

Ma and Pa Ellertson said...

There is the discovery museum at Gateway and Thanksgiving Point is building one also. Those museums are so fun. San Francisco has a great one also. Fun trip for you guys.

Kim and Preston said...

That is awesome! I love Boston and love you in Boston. I just hate when you are in Boston and I am not :)

Emily said...

Fun times. i would love to go visit that place after seeing your photos. that is the best to go to a place where people know the territory and cool things to take you to.