6/16/2011
I love Cedar City. Festival Town USA.
During the Summer Games Cedar is busier than it is during the school year.
It makes my heart happy.
Not to mention all the cool things we get to be a part of a watch.
The first thing is the Summer Games Opening Ceremonies. Kirk's office helps with the Ushers and so we get in for free get great spots, and free t shirts. We have done this a few times and this year it wasn't any different.
We usually get put in front of the stage which is cool except being by a bunch of screaming little girls and right by the speakers can be a bit damaging to the ears.
This year Cedar decided to keep us on our toes by giving us rain and wind... It was pretty cold. I felt so bad for the people carrying banners and flags some of them could barely walk. The band was a cover band... nothing great except one of the singers I swear was off of "Sons of Provo" (no pic. sorry) While Kirk and I ushered Kyden got to hang out with Uncle Steve & Aunt Kami. (Thanks guys, also no pictures)
Thankfully the wind died down enough to watch the fireworks.
I love them I think they are so romantic.:)
Unfortunately, Kyden isn't a huge fan of the loud noises so we got in the truck and headed home.
We still had a ton of fun!!!!
Like I said I love Cedar City!
I love Cedar City. Festival Town USA.
During the Summer Games Cedar is busier than it is during the school year.
It makes my heart happy.
Not to mention all the cool things we get to be a part of a watch.
The first thing is the Summer Games Opening Ceremonies. Kirk's office helps with the Ushers and so we get in for free get great spots, and free t shirts. We have done this a few times and this year it wasn't any different.
We usually get put in front of the stage which is cool except being by a bunch of screaming little girls and right by the speakers can be a bit damaging to the ears.
This year Cedar decided to keep us on our toes by giving us rain and wind... It was pretty cold. I felt so bad for the people carrying banners and flags some of them could barely walk. The band was a cover band... nothing great except one of the singers I swear was off of "Sons of Provo" (no pic. sorry) While Kirk and I ushered Kyden got to hang out with Uncle Steve & Aunt Kami. (Thanks guys, also no pictures)
Thankfully the wind died down enough to watch the fireworks.I love them I think they are so romantic.:)
We still had a ton of fun!!!!
4 comments:
Hooray for Cedar! Love that place
I love small towns too!
I love Cedar too. Going to the SUU Alumni Banquet tonight in Orem
Cedar always has so much fun stuff going on if I could I would move there!!!
Post a Comment