Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Lake Powell 09

It just can't be a good year unless we take a trip to Lake Powell. Lucky for us the Blakes are always willing to take us. I'm glad we got to go or Kirk would've been miserable. So, thanks Larry and Janae it was a blast! Us on the beach.
Janae, Larry & Kirk enjoying some shade and escaping the hot sun. Me and the Sunset!
One of Kirk's favorite things to do at Lake Powell is to play in the dirt. This year Janae helped him. Wait till you see what they created it is awesome.
Torty the Sea Turtle. The only contribution I had was the rocks on the shell

Kirk made me a little fish.

They built a whale.

Top shot of the whale.

They also built a pyramid. I think Kirk might've found his new calling in like, Sand Building.


I just like Kirk's hair in this one.. this is how it dries while he is Water Skiiing/ Slolaming (Sp?)

He is really good. Like this.
Or this even better.

He must've learned his form from his dad cause they both did really well.

And while they were on the water showing off their skills this is what I did... sat and looked out the back of the boat occassionally holding up a flag. No water skiing for me I'm not very graceful when I'm not pregnant so I didn't even think about it.
Overall, Our trip was awesome and we were happy! See!

6 comments:

Liz said...

Looks like you had a fun trip.. I love all the sand stuff you built. Kirk does love that!!

Emily said...

Mom said it was a fun trip. I'm glad you got to go. I wish we could have gone with you. It is so refreshing isn't it?

I think Kirk is hiding some talents of the arts inherited from mom and Gpa H. I didn't even know he could do that. Those sand sculptures are cool. All I ever used to see were the bridges and the water being poured in to make it back to the lake. :)

kricketlyn said...

that sounds like you had a great time. I love the sea animals and the pyramid that is so cool, you did a good job kirk:) love you kelli hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Yea! Sweet Hat kelli...Hey Kirk do you think that you could make some sand sculptures for my wedding? Pretty Please...i am jealous!

Devin and Andrea Hatch said...

Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun at the lake! We're jealous! :) We're excited to see you this weekend!

Janae B said...

Kirk and Blake Brother's Touch of Class Sculpting Inc. will hire out for anyone holding their special occasions on the beach at LP. Take us down early before the event and we will cater to fit all your needs from your back drops, to wedding cakes, to bridges with running watur under them, and all deoor made to fit any occasion. Sculptures add a touch of elegance to fit any need! It is a family business and they have been at this profession since the age of 2! For those of your guests who can't resist a little sand in their diets this has guarantees to fix that achin' gizzard you've always wondered about!!! Be sure too drop us a line and place your specialty order today!